The Quepos/Manuel Antonio area boasts a wide variety of restaurants to satisfy any taste. From world-class gourmet dining, to some of the freshest seafood you’ve ever eaten, to casual beach restaurants that feature great food and exceptional sunsets.
This list of recommended restaurants is just a sample of the many restaurants you will find here. The $ symbol indicates that entrees are $10 and above.
- El Gran Escape – Directly on the right side of the street when you are going out of Quepos. They will cook the fish you caught that day. Consistently good service and good food. Also good Happy Hour.
- Dos Locos – in center of Quepos, Mexican style food. Live music Wednesday nights 7pm and Saturday 12:30pm. Bar Trivia Thinking and Drinking Thursday nights 7pm
- Café Milagro is best for breakfast and coffee in the morning. Sandwiches available for lunch. Very good bakery and stateside newspapers. Dinner is now served at the Quepos location “El Patio”.
- Escalofrio – Great Italian pizza, pasta and homemade ice cream. In Quepos, next door to Dos Locos Restaurant. Call for delivery at 2777-0833, ask for Valerio and tell them you are staying with Escape Villas. If you don’t speak Spanish call early at the office and we will do it for you.
- Brooklyn Bakery – Great Brooklyn style bakery next to Gran Escape restaurant. Stop in to see what daily specials are. Beet bread is delicious.
- Restaurant Tiquicia – Typical Costa Rican food. Across street from Banco National. Great place to try the typical lunch “Casado”. 2×1 Happy Hour too.
- Miguelitos Pizza – Great pizzas and wings. They deliver. Closed TUESDAYS. 2 Slices of pizza and a drink 1,800 Colones served all day.
- MARINA PEZ VELA – Has free shuttle for guests call Concierge/Host to schedule
- Sunrice – Asian fusion food. Omnibus rice balls, noodles and tuna poki are a few favorites. Has full bar and happy hour.
- Runaway Grill – Will cook your catch for you. Great views! Great happy hour drinks and boca menu. Thursday night is “Down home cookin night”.
- Gabriella’s – Great view. Great seafood and fine dinning. Located above Runaway Grill. Nice wine selection.
- Z Gastro Pub – Seafood fusion. Often featuring interesting dishes and combos. Octopus burger is delicious. Has happy hour specials. Right in center of Marina.
- Emilio’s Cafe – Great coffee and amazing view. Friday and Saturday nights usually has live music. Delicious dinner menu. Closed on TUESDAYS.
- Marluna – Great sunset views. Typical Costa Rican food. Good seafood.
- Barba Roja – A favorite with locals. Great seafood and has a Sushi Bar inside restaurant. 2 for 1 hamburgers every Tuesday. Smoked ribs and meats Friday and Saturday. Often has live music.
- La Lambreta – Great wood fired pizza. Nice ocean view! Next to Emilio’s Cafe. Closed TUESDAYS.
- Agua Azul Restaurant – Great views, service and food! Located above Escape Villas office. It’s a local favorite. Calamari app. is delicious. Great place to celebrate a birthday, they put on a good show. Closed WEDNESDAYS
- El Lagarto – Amazing grilled food. Great sunset view and 2 x 1 happy hour drinks. Unique dinning experience. Highly recommended!!!
- El Avion – Dine in a place with a bit of history. Old US cargo plane turned into a restaurant. Good food, great view and place has a secret history. Located across from El Gato Negro big airplane on the right as you head towards public beach. Great for kids as they can explore the cockpit.
- Karola’s – located across from Café Milagro, very good food, nice atmosphere. $
- Marlin on the Beach – seafood and typical Costa Rican recipes Good service and food.
- Si Como No – good food, also with good atmosphere. After dinner you can catch a current film in their private movie theatre. $
- Mar y Sombra – enjoy beachfront dining under the trees. Typical Costa Rican food. Good place for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- La Cantina & El Wagon Restaurant – two restaurants, both outdoors with open fire grill. Great woodfired pizza.
- Hotel Byblos – offers pizza, pool tables, and a swimming pool and sports. It is located just up the hill, by the entrance to the villas. Ladies Night Mondays and Fridays free drinks for Ladies. During NFL drink special and wings specials.
- Hawg n Bill Restaurant – Right across from the beach. Has live music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Offers happy hour drink special. Great place to wet the whistle while at the beach.